Life is a challenge to be met head on. For that we need resilience.
Resilience as shown by this lighthouse standing in the midst of a storm
Or like the people below, riding a bike through a flooded street.
When challenges come our way, we can give up and say “fuck it, no more!”
Or we can build resilience and meet the challenges head on.
Resilience can be built by using some simple strategies I’ve listed below:
- Express gratitude for what we have
- Seek answers from the universe [through meditation]
- Learn to relax with a facial, a massage, or a relaxing bath.
- Change our inputs. Stop being 24×7 connected to the external world.
- Is there a reason to listen to the news the minute you wake up?
- Is there a reason to scroll the news feed before bedtime
We are our own worst enemies when it comes to feeding our minds with negative, sad, tragic, and many times disgusting information on a daily and sometimes even on an hourly basis.
Changing our inputs to inspirational talks, soothing music, and or even silence can motivate, relax, and build our resilience muscle.
- Change our mindset. It’s all in our heads. A setback is just that, a setback. A challenge is just a challenge that has to be overcome. Every hardship is not the end of the world
We must stop thinking the sky is falling each time a difficult comes our way. Instead, we must see the setback as a learning opportunity – what did we not know or do that made us face this setback? And how can we prevent this in the future?
We want life to be easy. Sometimes we think others have it easier.
But I’d rather walk in my own shoes. Cause I don’t know what others had to go through to get to where they are.
Do you agree?
How do you face challenges and deal with adversity in your life?