With gym workouts almost non-existent and all hours snacking increasing during the lockdown, piling on the pounds is a serious consequence. Add to that, filling the abundant time we have with cooking and baking, and a couple of extra pounds are already in our destiny. But fear not. This herbal detox tea is my go-to solution when I’ve strayed off the “eating-right” path.
- 8 cups of water
- 4 tsp each cumin powder & coriander powder
- 8 cardamom pods
- 4 tsp fennel seeds (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder or 3 slices fresh ginger slices
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black pepper (ground)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (broken into small pieces)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large pot.
- Pour the 8 cups of water over them.
- Place the water and spices on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat now and allow the mixture to simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cover the pot for 30 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve and drink it throughout the day.
This herbal concoction works wonders – it aids digestion and helps control hunger pangs. Most of these spices also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. And best of all, it tastes good too.