It’s day 67 of quarantine but closed salons are no reason for a bad hair day. Not that I’m doing much with my hair these days – just washing twice a week and the rest of the time, it’s wrapped up in a bun and done. But after decades of coloring and using hair tools (dryer, straightener, etc.), doing more to improve my hair-health is always on my mind.
And that’s why I love this hair conditioning tonic that makes my hair look, and feel silky smooth.
This hair tonic is for you if your hair is dry, or lacking shine, or too frizzy, or if you have a lot of split ends. It will moisturize your hair and restore the shine. And it’ll feel so soft that you’ll no longer need that [pricey] deep-conditioning treatment at the salon.
Most of the ingredients I use are probably already in your home or are readily available. [During quarantine, Amazon works best.] So try this simple remedy out and let me know what you think.
- 2 tbsp hair conditioner
- 2 tbsp hair serum (any brand)
- 1 tbsp hair dye developer (any brand)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vitamin E drops (optional)
- Mix everything well.
- Massage it into dry hair and cover hair with a shower cap for 5-10 minutes.
- Then using a damp hot towel, remove as much of the mixture from your hair as possible. Rinse the hair towel with hot water and repeat the process till your hair is free of the mixture.
- Allow your hair to air dry or roll it into a bun and leave it as is.
- The following day, shampoo and condition your hair, as usual. Then style.
Note: The developer could potentially lighten your hair. I didn’t see a significant impact on my hair color but it’s something to be aware of.
P.S. It’s quarantine day 67…..