I’m strong and tough….but not always and not 100% of the time.
I may not cry….or think I won’t break from the pressures of life. But someday I too feel overwhelmed.
I beat myself up about the mistakes I’ve made. And wonder if I can ever forgive myself for them.
Sometimes my mind wants to make me a prisoner, regurgitating my numerous regrets, many failures, and painful memories of things gone wrong and decisions made incorrectly.
But then a voice within me calls out…and reminds me that
- I don’t have to be strong all the time
- I don’t have to be happy all the time
- I don’t have to be filled with regrets
- I don’t have to second-guess my decisions
And I definitely do NOT have to be a prisoner to painful memories.
Cause life is all about experiences – some good, some bad, some not the best, but some that surpass even my best expectations.
Life brought me here – to this point in life and I know that I’ve
- made more good decisions than bad
- much more to be thankful for than not
- enjoyed more happiness than not
- built a treasure trove of happy memories
- been blessed with love and joy
And so it’s time to focus only on the now. Not the future and definitely not the past. Not the pain and especially not the regrets.
Cause I’ve done my very best. I do my very best each and every day. And I’ll continue to do so until my dying breath.
What about you?