Vacationing is fun but it sure takes a toll on the skin and hair – but especially the hair, due to the different climates and water quality in different cities.
Between January and February, my hair was showFulling the after-effects of being exposed to sun, air, and water in nine different cities across three different countries. So getting my dull and dry hair in a mask was my number one priority when I got home.
With simple ingredients found in my pantry, I was able to whip up this DIY hair mask within minutes.
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp Fuller’s Earth
- 1 -2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Epsom salt (for the post shampoo rinse)
DIRECTIONS FOR THE MASK
- Mix the ingredients together well.
- Apply the mask all over the hair and on its roots.
- Massage the mask into the scalp for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave in hair for 30 to 45 minutes, then shampoo as usual.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE RINSE
- Mix 1 tbsp Epsom salt with your conditioner and apply it to your hair after shampooing it.
- Leave it for approximately 5 minutes, then rinse off with water.
The hair is almost back to normal – silky and smooth, but I’m still using the mask and rinse once a week for now.