This home remedy with gooseberry is nutritious, rich in anti-oxidants, is anti-carcinogenic and anti-aging, and has immunity boosting power.
This concoction of herbs and spices is all natural elixir.
It helps protect the body from bacterial and viral infections. It improves respiratory health. And it is easy to make at home, rather than buy an expensive commercially available formulation.
It is made with powdered gooseberry for a longer shelf-life.
- 1 cup organic Gooseberry powder
- Honey as needed
- 1 tbsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper [whole]
- 1 tbsp Green Cardamom kernels
- 1 tsp Cloves [whole]
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- In a coffee grinder, grind all the spices into a fine powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the spices with the Gooseberry powder.
- Store in an airtight container – preferably in a cool place. I store mine in the refrigerator.
- Take two teaspoons of the gooseberry+spice mix and add enough honey to make a thick paste.
- You can add 1 tsp ghee (clarified butter) to it if you aren’t a vegan. [optional]
- Eat this with your breakfast every morning.
- Gooseberry is a fruit that has natural disease-fighting properties.
- Honey has a lower glycemic index than even Jaggery, which is sometimes used in the commercially available formulations
- Keeping the formulation in powder form means it has a long shelf-life.
- The commercially available formulation doesn’t have turmeric in it. I, however, like to add turmeric to all my remedies, lol.
- I am old-fashioned and swear by the beneficial properties of ghee. However not everyone shares my views on that and that’s why ghee is optional in this recipe.